Hi EdTech Students (faculty and adjuncts, too!)
The time following completion of courses for a term is a great time to have all of our currently enrolled students, as well as new students just being admitted, to immediately do something that will make your academic efforts flow more smoothly and help avoid pain and frustration. Several students each term, usually near the end of their programs, assumed all along, for example, that they had been admitted to both the MET program and a certificate program, only to find out that they had forgotten to apply for admittance to the certificate program. A more widespread need is simply knowing what courses you've completed toward your degree and/or certificate and which courses remain. The Academic Advisement Report (AAR) is designed to keep you informed, but you can only be informed if you actually access and review the AAR.
It is time now for each of you to do the following:
1) Log in to myBoiseState
2) Navigate to your Student Center
3) Under the “Academics” banner, click on the down-arrow in the “other academic…” dialogue box and select “Academic Requirements”.
4) When the screen refreshes, click on the double right arrow to the right of the “Academic Requirements” box to bring up the actual Academic Advisement Report.
5) The Academic Advisement Report specifies the requirements for all programs in which you are currently admitted. As you scroll through the report, you may find, for instance, that you are admitted to the MET program, but a certificate that you thought you were pursuing doesn’t appear, “Houston, we have a problem!” (It's solvable).
6) If you find everything to be in order, nothing more needs to be done; however, if you find that programs you thought you were admitted to do not show up, or courses seem to be mischaracterized, contact me. If you see some courses that don’t seem to be applied to the MET or certificate in which you’re admitted, you should know that they will not be properly applied until you have submitted the Application for Admission to Candidacy (AAC) (for the degree) and/or the Proposed Plan of Study for a Graduate Certificate (PPSGC) (for your certificate program). If the course(s) appear on your AAR and you haven’t submitted the Application for Admission to Candidacy or Proposed Plan of Study for a Graduate Certificate, you’re O.K.! If they don’t appear in the right place after you have had the AAC or PPSGC approved, let me know and we’ll get it resolved.
If you think you want to make some changes at this time, that's great! Just contact me BEFORE you make the change; there are often unintended negative consequences! Working to keep you all happy campers as you pursue your dreams!