Job Title: Instructional Designer
Oregon State University Professional and Continuing Education is seeking applications for one full-time Instructional Designer. This position will be goal-oriented, quality-conscious, results-driven, and familiar with educational theory as it applies to distance learning as well as instructional technology. The instructional designer will provide knowledge and creativity in enhancing the development and design of courses; hands-on instructional design support, and consulting support for faculty and instructors developing courses and interactive learning modules.
- · Bachelor’s degree in education, business, instructional technology, computer science, or related field with significant experience as an instructional designer, instructor support specialist, instructional technologist, or related position.
- · Demonstrated ability to design and develop pedagogically sound courses in face to face, online, or hybrid formats according to industry defined best practices with an emphasis in Universal Design for Learning principles.
- · Possess technical writing skills (writing and editing) related to content development and instructional materials development.
- · Ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues, multimedia designers, and subject matter experts to design quality courses.
- · Demonstrated flexibility to adapt to an ever-changing and fast-paced environment.
- · Highly motivated team player with strong communication skills.
- · A demonstrated commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
Application Deadline: 12/18/2016