Boise State University – Online Course Technologist
Job Title: Online Course Technologist
Reporting to the Production Team Manager, the Online Course Technologist serves as the lead LMS expert for the online programs development team. The Online Course Technologist consults with faculty developers and works within a multi-expert team to design and develop online courses. This position also assists with workflow documentation, creation and maintenance of tutorials, tools and templates, and course maintenance activities.
- The Online Course Technologist oversees the building and structure of online courses in the LMS.
- Responsible for ensuring e-learning technologies work together in a master course shell. Responsible for “pilot testing” course materials in the LMS from a student perspective.
- Responsible for the final quality assurance testing of the structural and functional aspects of online courses in the LMS.
- Approaches and treats all internal and external stakeholders involved with online courses as valued constituents.
- Ability to quickly obtain highly-functional skills in new software and LMS systems, as well as be able to train others
- Ability to assess technical and logistical course related problems and to assist with solutions
- Ability to apply effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent plus 2 years experience.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin January 30, 2017 and continue until a finalist pool is identified.