Creighton University – Instructional Designer II
Job Title: Instructional Designer II
Reporting to the Center for Academic Innovation, the Instructional Designer II position provides pedagogical and instructional design consultation and support services for effectively developing distance and hybrid courses as well as using academic technologies to support on-campus courses and instruction. The instructional designer works collaboratively with faculty, administrators, and staff to create distance or hybrid courses, including transforming conventional courses to distance or hybrid modes of instruction. Additionally, the designer supports faculty use of the learning management system and other academic technologies to support on-ground courses and learning experiences.
- MS or MA in Instructional Technology, Instructional Design, Educational Technology or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years' related experience in academic learning environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and employ effective pedagogical techniques to achieve learning outcomes in the distance learning environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide basic troubleshooting support for faculty use of a learning management system and other instructional technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver training to individuals and groups in person and virtually.