Miami University – Instructional Designer Specialist
Job Title: Instructional Designer Specialist
- Function as an instructional designer with faculty developing online and hybrid courses that are compliant with Quality Matters and are accessible.
- Receive direction from e-learning staff and instructors to create course components (assessments, assignments, interactions, gradebook items) utilizing tools in the Learning Management System(Canvas) based on Quality Matters best practices and technical standards.
- Analyze, design, and develop instructional materials for existing and new initiatives in accordance with standards and specifications required for online pedagogical best practices.
- Oversee multiple projects and timelines and ensure they are on-track for successful completion.
- Familiarity with Canvas, Articulate products, Google applications, basic video production and Quality Matters; teaching and/or training experience in K-12 or Higher Ed online; experience with web 2.0 technologies; experience using and/or supporting accessible technologies; knowledge of Section 508 compliance.
- Part-Time, project based work
Bachelor’s degree; significant instructional design and support experience; teaching and/or training experience; excellent interpersonal skills and team approach; experience with learning management systems; Excellent written and oral communication skills in order to effectively communicate with a wide variety of staff/faculty regarding the publication of information on the web. Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Articulate, Google Tools, Microsoft Suite, Web-Based Apps, Mobile Technologies, Online Research, and Technical Troubleshooting.
The For More Information link is broken or has been removed.