Oregon State University – Assistant Director
Job Title: Assistant Director
Oregon State University’s Extended Campus is seeking applications for an Assistant Director. This position is responsible for the design of effective and engaging online and hybrid education and other instructional materials. The Assistant Director develops and leads the instructional design team in interface design, sequencing of instruction, use of assessments, and design of support course materials and activities. This position requires coordination of projects, tracking and reporting on project status, teamwork, leadership, innovation and the delivery of consistent, quality courses and instructional materials within established timelines.
- · Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, Education, or related field.
- · Three years’ experience in instructional design in a higher education environment.
- · Demonstrated success in a supervisory or managerial role, or significant lead work in an instructional design setting.
- · Demonstrated ability to lead complex, time-sensitive projects to successful completion.
- · Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, diverse, fast-paced environment.
- · High level of understanding of instructional design, pedagogy, and learning principles, practices, and theory.
- · Three years’ experience using authoring tools in a learning management system (such as Canvas, Blackboard, or Moodle).
- · Demonstrated knowledge of developing materials using a universal design approach.
- · Experience interacting with diverse groups of people, especially in a professional context.
- · Outstanding interpersonal, oral, electronic, and written presentation skills.
- · A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
Application Deadline: 02/27/2017