Oregon State University – Course Development and Training Specialist
Job Title: Course Development and Training Specialist
Oregon State University’s Extended Campus is seeking applications for a Course Development and Training Specialist. This position provides just-in-time pedagogical, course development, and technological support and consultation for faculty in developing and maintaining course materials, and in facilitating online and hybrid courses. The person in this position also manages ongoing maintenance of course sites and related systems; troubleshoots and solves problems in the learning management system; contributes to the development and facilitation of faculty training documentation and programs; and instructs faculty members on methods to improve facilitation and maintenance of distance courses. The Course Development and Training Specialist also provides leadership and training for a large team of student employees who assist the instructional design and media development teams with course and media development tasks.
- · Bachelor’s degree in education, adult education, instructional technology, academic technology, curriculum design, communications, or related field; Or Bachelor’s degree in another field AND three years of experience in an instructional technology/faculty support role.
- · Demonstrated successful experience using academic technology (such as learning management or courseware system) and/or supporting other educators in using academic technology.
- · Demonstrated success in managing or coordinating projects.
- · Outstanding organizational skills.
- · Experience training or teaching others, especially related to technology.
- · High level of literacy with technology, especially educational technology such as Canvas, Blackboard, or Moodle learning management systems.
- · Experience or demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving.
- · Excellent interpersonal, written, electronic, and oral communication skills.
- · Ability to work in team-oriented, collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- · Experience interacting with diverse groups of people, especially in a professional context.
- · A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
Application Deadline: 02/19/2017