University of Nevada Las Vegas – Assistant Instructional Designer
Job Title: Assistant Instructional Designer
The Assistant Instructional Designer is responsible for ongoing training and support for faculty who teach online. In collaboration with the instructional design team, this position assists faculty in the development of instructional materials through the selection, design, production and implementation of e-pedagogies. Responsibilities include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- · Teaching various e-learning technologies to faculty including those used in Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- · Collaboration with the instructional design team to identify objectives and offer instructional strategies based on analysis of client needs and goals.
- · Matching faculty instructional strengths and course objectives with appropriate technology and production methods.
- · Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- · Effectively handle multiple projects, simultaneously, in a fast paced environment.
A Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in instructional systems, instructional design and technology or a related field is required; a Master's degree is preferred. A minimum of one to three years of demonstrated professional experience is required in the same or similar position. This position requires experience with typical instructional design software including LMS (e.g. Blackboard Learn, Canvas) and related software (e.g., web conferencing), HTML and online development tools (e.g., Adobe CS), and other instructional tools (e.g., Camtasia, Articulate). Quality Matters certification is preferred but not required. Excellent organizational and written skills and the ability to work as part of a team of educational professionals is required.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
For more information: