DAVIDSON ACADEMY – EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Instructional Technology Support
Davidson Academy, a public school for profoundly gifted young people located in Reno, Nevada, will begin a full online high school for the 2017-2018 school year. The goal of the online program is to offer academically rigorous high school courses, as well as related programs and services that are consistent with those made available to students at the Davidson Academy of Nevada. Please see www.davidsonacademy.unr.edu/online for more information about this one-of-a-kind school.
In preparation for the 2017-2018 school year, we are currently hiring. Applicants for this position must demonstrate the following via resume content and a cover letter expressing interest in and qualifications for the position. Work samples and references may also be requested.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
• Effective use of the internet and web-related technologies
• Microsoft Office programs experience
• Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Apply initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
• Organize work, set priorities, meet deadlines, and follow up on assignments with minimal direction
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Commitment to continuous improvement
• Active participation in dynamic professional learning community
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Microsoft Innovative Educator
• Experience with online learning management systems, (Blackboard Learn preferred)
• Full Time Equivalent: 100%
• Salary: Competitive and commensurate with qualifications
• Benefits (including, but not limited to): Medical, dental, prescription and vision insurance coverage; paid holidays; vacation and sick leave; 401(k)
• Must pass a comprehensive background check and drug screening prior to starting employment
• New employees will work closely with members of the Davidson Academy staff in preparation for the successful launch of the online program
• Preference given to applicants located in Reno or northern Nevada.
Position Description: This position will provide technical support to Davidson Academy faculty as they design and deliver online courses. This includes supporting teachers as they integrate educational technology in their online courses, troubleshooting and resolving hardware and software issues, and supporting the network infrastructure. This position will also provide remote technical support for Davidson Academy supported software applications for online Davidson Academy students. Additionally, this position will serve as the system administrator on most software applications used by the Davidson Academy. This position will report to the Davidson Academy Director and work closely with the IT Director at the Davidson Institute for Talent Development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the learning management system (Blackboard Learn), productivity (Office 365), web conferencing (Adobe Connect), and any other adopted online platforms
• Provide hardware support for Davidson Academy faculty and staff
• Assist in the selection and use of software, applications, and other materials aimed towards improved online instruction
• Coordinate software license acquisitions and serve as the recommending party for software purchases
• Communicate with and educate users of varying technical knowledge (administration, faculty, staff, and students)
• Serve as the online learning liaison and trouble shooter for Davidson Academy stakeholders, including online students and faculty
• Provide leadership in the areas of curriculum and instruction as it relates to online learning technology
• Ensure safety of students
• Maintain student records according to school policies and procedures
• Maintain student and family confidence by keeping all information confidential
• Other tasks as assigned
Supplemental Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as an instructional technology learning and teaching resource to faculty as it relates to online learning or the use of technology in the classroom
• Remain current with education literature and best practices, particularly related to online and gifted education.
• Coordinate instructional technology related professional development, develop trainers within existing staff, design and deliver advanced workshops, and locate training resources outside the Academy as needed
• Investigate emerging technologies and assess their potential for instructional and cost-effectiveness
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Aimee Fredericks to be considered for a position.
• Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Regular mail: The Davidson Academy of Nevada, PO Box 9119, Reno, NV 89507
The recruiting process will close when the most highly qualified candidate has been selected.