The Instructional Designer is a new position that provides leadership and expertise for Northwestern Health Sciences University's online and blended educational delivery initiatives. In particular, the Instructional Designer will collaborate with faculty and staff to establish definitions, guidelines and standards for online and blended learning. The Designer will also develop and provide faculty and staff training and onboarding as well as providing group and individualized instructional design consultation and assistance. This person will also help faculty and staff to identify appropriate technologies needed to accomplish desired learning outcomes while increasing student learning, success and engagement.
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree required
- Doctoral or professional degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in on-line instructional and curriculum design or related field.
- Demonstrated expertise with learning management systems (particularly Moodle), instructional design, and learning theories.
- Strongly prefer experience that includes developing online or blended learning initiatives in higher education.
- Prior work experience in higher education required.
Other specialized skills/knowledge:
- Fully knowledgeable in online learning pedagogy, instructional design, adult learning principles, course management software (i.e.. Moodle), and other instructional software tools.
- Ability to provide instructional, curriculum, and technical design consulting services to faculty
- Efficient working on multiple instructional design and related projects concurrently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, problem solving skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders to ensure a high degree of understanding and transparency of the online and hybrid course design and development process.
- Excellent project management, presentation, and the ability to execute a variety of plans at multiple levels.
They should go on to the www.nwhealth.edu website and submit through the HR website for career opportunities.