Arizona State University – Instructional Designer Associate
Job Title: Instructional Designer Associate
EdPlus at ASU currently seeks an Instructional Designer Associate to join our high-performing team to assist faculty in the design and development of online courses and course materials using multiple learning management systems (and other instructional technologies) and applying best practices in teaching and learning.
- • Assists individual faculty in the design and development of engaging, interactive and instructionally sound online course materials.
- • Recommends effective and creative uses of technology to enhance instruction.
- • Researches and produces clear documentation and other instructional materials (websites, multimedia and online tutorials) to support faculty learning.
- • Keeps faculty informed about instructional-technology events and resources. Facilitates communication about use of technology in the curriculum.
- • Remains current on and evaluates emerging technologies that have potential value for teaching and learning through team communication, presentations, training sessions, conferences and publications.
- • Uses applications such as desktop content authoring tools, document creation applications and presentation tools to develop custom products to meet user needs.
- • Collaborates with Instructional Designers, Academic Technologists, Project Managers, and others to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of course design and development models and processes.
- • Provides troubleshooting and other technology support for online teaching and learning products used by faculty, students, and staff.
- • Assumes or coordinates other duties or projects as assigned or directed.
Bachelor's degree in Educational Technology or a related field AND one year of experience providing educational technology development services; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Application Deadline: June 8, 2017, 3PM (Arizona time)