Arizona State University – Instructional Design Specialist
Job Title: Instructional Design Specialist
EdPlus at ASU seeks a highly-motivated and talented Instructional Design Specialist to work with faculty, subject matter experts and other staff in the design and development of online and blended courses and course materials that apply adult learning theory with instructional design methodology while utilizing appropriate technology.
- • Collaboratively plan, design, develop and revise continuing education online courses and course materials to meet University and department standards.
- • Recommend effective and creative uses of technologies to enhance instruction and create new learning environments.
- • Identify and communicate contextual best practices for applying teaching and learning theories to curriculum design.
- • Maintain and expand face-to-face and online faculty training, workshop, and seminar offerings.
- • Develop training materials including job aids, online tutorials, and other multimedia materials to assist faculty with instructional design principles and the use of online teaching and learning tools.
- • Remain current on and evaluate emerging technologies that have potential value for online teaching and learning.
- • Design, develop and implement evaluation procedures to assess effectiveness of using technologies in teaching and learning processes.
- • Utilize software such as web page development, desktop publishing, image editing and presentation tools to develop custom products to meet user needs.
- • Provide technology support for online teaching and learning products used by faculty, students, and staff.
- • Coordinates or assumes other duties or projects as assigned or directed.
Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, or a related area. Three years instructional design; excellent editing, writing and communication skills; Blackboard or similar course management experience; project management experience.
Application Deadline: 3pm (Arizona Time), June 15, 2017