Full Time Tenure-Track Faculty – Mobile Application Development
Full Time, Faculty
The Full Time Tenure-Track Mobile Application Development faculty will contribute to the implementation and enhancement of Cascadia's curriculum and course of study in its second Bachelor of Applied Science Degree - Application Development in Information Technology with focus on Mobile Platforms. Teaching duties would focus on upper-level courses in mobile development, front and back-end, and may include classes in web applications and/or programming and/or database development. Faculty develop, teach and assess courses, while assisting in the development of new courses and taking an active role in program development for the Bachelor’s degree. This position reports to the Dean for Student Learning.
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
- Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited college/university. If Master’s was not in IT, additional coursework (15 quarter credits or more, or equivalent) in a technical area.
- Experience or training to include two years of recent (within the past 5 years) professional work experience in a technical field OR continuous teaching with recent re-exposure to industry OR minimum of year successful teaching experience in IT related disciplines.
- One year of full-time (or equivalent) community college teaching OR industry training experience in a computer-related area.
- Professional and/or teaching experience in both front-end and back-end mobile development.
- Demonstrated commitment to pluralism and the ability to support a diverse workplace and educational environment.
Complete applications must be received by the closing date and time of Tuesday February 20, 2018 by 9am.
For application instructions and to view the complete vacancy announcement/job description, please visit this link.