If you ever have any issues with text that you copy and paste into a Moodle text editor, the cause might be that you are copying and pasting from Microsoft Word.
When you copy text from a desktop rich text editor such as Microsoft Word, formatting will also be copied. When you paste this text into Moodle's text editor, additional markup is added to the text's code that can cause formatting issues. To strip your text of formatting:
- In Microsoft Word, highlight your text, right-click, and select Copy.
- Open a plain text editor such as Notepad or Text Edit.
- Paste your text into the plain text editor.
- Highlight your text in the plain text editor, right-click, and select Copy.
- Paste your text into your Moodle text editor.