The STEM+C project led by Dr. Dazhi Yang is looking for outstanding graduate students to join our team for 2018 to 2019. The graduate research assistant position will provide a monthly stipend, tuition waver, and health benefit. Both full time (20 hours per week) or half time (10 hours per week) are available. Working schedule can be flexible, meaning some weeks you could work more and some weeks you could work less, depending on mutual discussions between you and the supervisor. If the following identifies you, you are encouraged to apply and send your CV to Dr. Yang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have a degree or background knowledge in any of the science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) subject areas; and strong interest in STEM education research;
- Have published peer-reviewed articles, book chapters, and/or conference proceedings
- Have excellent writing and communication skills;
- Have experience in analyzing qualitative data such as videos and interviews;
- Can work both independently (such as conducting literature review) and collaboratively;
- Being flexible and willing to learn.
Some information about our STEM+C project.
- NSF award informaiton
- STEM+C (computing) Projects: Project-based scientific inquiry:
- Life on Mars: https://sites.google.com/site/stemlifeonmars/
- Bridge Design: https://sites.google.com/site/stemboisebridges/
- Airplane Design: https://sites.google.com/site/whydoairplanesfly/
- Soil Reinforcement: https://sites.google.com/site/howtomakesoilstronger/