EDTECH News

New Boost Theme applied to Front Page of EdTech Moodle

Edtech_Moodle_support
New Boost Theme applied to Front Page of EdTech Moodle
by Moodle Support - Monday, August 6, 2018, 12:24 PM

Boost – Developed by Moodle HQ and included in Moodlerooms 3.2 Boost is the new user experience that Moodle is recommending to the Moodle community. Boosts displays courses like Express. Boost’s course display has a new course administration gear in the upper right of a course, which is different from Express. Navigation in Boost has also changed with a new menu button and the removal of the navigation block. We recommend that you review the Boost theme documentation and standard theme documentation from Moodle.

Here are some videos on Boost Theme from YouTube that will help you getting used to navigating in the Moodle Boots Theme.  

From a teacher’s perspective and development’s perspective.

Please direct all Moodle support issues and questions to moodlesupport@boisestate.edu

Thank you.

Barbara Schroeder
Re: New Boost Theme applied to Front Page of EdTech Moodle
by Dr. Barbara Schroeder - Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 11:22 AM

Looks great, Nelson! Thanks for installing this theme and providing the resources for instructors. I think that once they get the hang of this new theme, it will be adopted across the department.

Just a note--the "My courses" button in the left-hand pane (which can be open or closed by using the hamburger icon in the upper left-hand corner) will show a student's current courses below that button. smile

Barbara Schroeder
Re: New Boost Theme applied to Front Page of EdTech Moodle
by Dr. Barbara Schroeder - Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 12:17 PM

I updated the top navigation menu to simplify and reduce the clutter at the top. I also configured the outside sites to open in new tabs/windows.

Faculty and admin--please let me know what you think and/or any other info or changes you'd like to see on this top navigation menu.