Hello! I am still seeking participants for my dissertation study (detailed below). In hopes of reaching additional, interested EDTECH students, I am posting a new invitation here. Please know, this survey should take no more than 10 minutes, with most students completing it in less than 5. If you have already participated in this survey through my earlier emails, please disregard. Thank you for your consideration and please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns!
My name is Shannon Skelcher and I am a doctoral candidate in the department of Educational Technology at Boise State University. As part of my dissertation, I would like to invite you to participate in a study that would help in the understanding the sense of community that online graduate students experience in terms of their connection to the educational institution providing their courses or degree. Your participation is valuable to the research and will help inform how social experience for online students can be improved. Please read the following for more information about this study.
- What is this research study about? This research aims to study online graduate students’ sense of community to the higher learning institution providing their education. This study will specifically look at graduate students enrolled in the department of Educational Technology.
- Criteria for participation: a) You need to be 18 years of age or older; 2) You have to be a current graduate student enrolled in the department of Educational Technology at Boise State University.
- What you will do if you participate? If you agree to participate in this study you will fill out a brief survey assessing your sense of community to Boise State University. You will also have the opportunity to opt-in to a one-on-one interview about your experiences as a member of the Boise State community. Please be assured that your responses will be kept completely confidential.
- How long is the study? If you agree to participate, it will take you no longer than 10 minutes for taking the survey.
- Compensation & Risk: There is no monetary compensation & there are no known risks or inconveniences for participating in this study.
If you have any questions regarding this research, please contact the principal investigator Shannon Skelcher (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you very much for your interests and we look forward to your participation!
If for some reason you do not wish to do this, you may contact the Institutional Review Board, which is concerned with the protection of volunteers in research projects. You may reach the board office between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, by calling (208) 426- 5401 or by writing: Institutional Review Board, Office of Research Compliance, Boise State University, 1910 University Dr., Boise, ID 83725-1138.
To participate in this study, please access the consent form via this link: