This is a reminder that the joule/Power 2 Summer 2012 release will be applied to your site(s) beginning at 11 PM EST on Wednesday night, June 27th, 2012.You will not experience any interruption in service during the upgrade. Once all updates are applied, a completion email will be sent to you to let you know that your upgrade was successful and the new features are now available.
Please be sure to review the various resources available to you so you're prepared for the upcomingrelease:
UPDATED RELEASE NOTES: Click here for the complete updated release notes for the Summer 2012 joule/Power 2 Release. Updates have been added to the ‘Late Additions’ Section.
Advanced Forums have now been enabled on our site. I think you will like the advanced functionality of this type of forum, which includes the following:
Advanced Forums ( and )
- Forum Grading: Instructors can either manually grade or use forum ratings to grade the student's participation using joule Grader.
- Anonymous forums: This feature allows students to make an anonymous post to a discussion forum while still receiving credit for their post. Instructors can read every post, and view the number of times a student has posted to the forum without knowing the details of the student. This feature is useful for sensitive discussions, and can be used for anonymous student evaluations.
- View Posters: This feature gives instructors the ability to view the number of posts, replies and substantive posts a student has made, even in anonymous forums. Instructors can see details of the post in context with a simple click.
- Discussion Sorting: Sorting enables users to view each post individually within the forum. This is especially useful for instructors when grading student participation for the forum.
- Simplified Forum Subscription: This feature enables students and faculty to receive email postings related to just one topic rather than subscribing to the entire forum.
- Simplified Navigation and User Interface: Forums have been improved by reducing the number of clicks of the mouse you have to use to navigate through all posts in a discussion. Additionally, several Forum UI enhancements provide instructors and student's with multiple views into a course’s forum discussions. These UI designs are intended to provide the user with a way to view posts and replies quickly compared to the Moodle default view of a forum discussion. Users are also given a variety of new preferences to set a preferred view of an advanced forum in all courses.
- Instructor Post Highlighting: This feature differentiates an instructor’s post from a student's, which makes it easier for a students to notice the posts that may be more relevant to them.
- Forum Marking: Forum marking enables instructors to identify posts that need review and have had a substantial impact on the reader or the forum in general.
- Private Reply: With this feature, instructors can send a private reply to a forum post. This reply is only viewable by the student that made the original post or reply and invisible to the rest of the students.
I was excited to see these additions with Joule 2
Moodlerooms have included some youtube videos with the Joule 2.4 Upgrade. Very nice!