Moodle Support

FTP access

Picture of Ashley Hungerford
FTP access
by Ashley Hungerford - Monday, July 16, 2012, 4:18 PM

I cannot access the FTP  server from dreamweaver. I have checked multiple times the pasword and username as well as the host name etc.. I get an error that says an FTP error occured cannot make connection to host, and it proceeds to give me a list of possible reasons. I have done everything I can on my end. Any thoughts?

Ashley

Patrick Lowenthal
Re: FTP access
by Patrick Lowenthal - Monday, July 16, 2012, 5:33 PM

Ashley, 

Assuming you were once able to connect to edtech2 in dreamweaver and that you are trying to connect on a network that you were able to in the past then it is most likely a password issue. Have you updated your broncoweb in the past 90 days? If not, I would do that (and then update it in Dreamweaver) to see if that works.

Patrick

by Ashley Hungerford - Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 1:26 PM

This is the first time I have tried to connect on dreamweaver, but I am able to log into my bronco web. I followed the directions step by step for FTp connection to edtech2 website. Do I need authentication or verification?

Ashley

Patrick Lowenthal
by Patrick Lowenthal - Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 8:59 PM

Ashley

We are verifying the account. The problem should be fixed by tomorrow.

Patrick

Patrick Lowenthal
by Patrick Lowenthal - Wednesday, July 18, 2012, 9:22 AM

Ashley

Try it now and let me know if it works.

Patrick

by Ashley Hungerford - Wednesday, July 18, 2012, 1:22 PM

That worked. Thank you so much.

Ashley

by Ashley Hungerford - Friday, July 20, 2012, 9:41 PM

Sorry Im new at this, but I got the site to accept the FTP, I uploaded my files from dreamweaver. I do I know what my URL address is? I know its going to be edtech2.boisestate.edu/ashleyhungerford  but what come next?

Ashley