Exporting to portfolio
E-portfolios are enabled in Edtech Site, forum posts and other exportable data (see below) can be save to an external E-Portfolio. You'll see an “export to portfolio” icon or link beside them when available.
- Assignment submissions - single and multiple file uploads
- Chat sessions
- Database activity module entries
- Database activities
- Forum posts
- Glossary entries
To export a forum post to a portfolio
- Click the 'Export to portfolio' link
- Select the portfolio you wish to export to e.g. Google Docs or file download (this step will be skipped if there's only one)
- If prompted, select an export format e.g. HTML
- If file download was selected in step 2, you can then save the file to a folder on your computer, otherwise you will be given the option to return to the page you were previously.
Note: Only the user can “Export to Portfolio” while Google account is open, and after “accepting verification” it will display Portfolio Export Complete and it'll be listed under your Google Documents.
Do you have to do this post by post or can it be done for everything?
and what about for courses I am no longer enrolled in?
This would be so helpful if we had access to our previously completed courses...
I second that. Can it be made available for past classes?
It seems that it only works for discussion forum posts that I have written - not for the whole discussion forum.. ;-(
That’s correct! At the moment we can only export one post at a time, and the content you can export would be owned by you. And Yes! You can Export older content as long as you are able to view it.