I have noticed that the spell checker hasn't been working properly on both Moodle and Moodle Sandbox. It has been this way for several days at least. When I click on the spell check it just says no misspelling errors everytime even though I know I have a spelling error. I checked this in both Firefox and Chrome browsers and it is the same for both.
Spell check in Moodle and Moodle Sandbox not working properly
A default Google-Spell checker in Moodle has been discontinued from Google. Therefore, a new Spell checker has been enabled for the Edtech Moodle Site.
Please try the new feature and report any malfunctioning.
Thank you for bringing awareness of the issue.