STEP INTO A HANDS-ON EXPLORATION OF EDUCATION IN WEST AFRICA THIS SUMMER
Grow in your role as an educator by examining the differences in quality and access of education on both a local and global scale. We will learn and work alongside local teachers, non-profit organizations and international agencies in West Africa to understand the challenges and successes of the educational system in both rural and urban settings. We'll have the opportunity to meet with the real human faces working to make a difference in Ghana and Togo as we:
- Put theory into practice by facilitating lessons in local classrooms
- Get our hands dirty helping to complete the construction of a boys' home in northern Ghana
- Work alongside students in marginalized communities using art as a tool of empowerment
- Discover the role of technology as it relates to education in a developing country
- Hike the mountain range separating Togo and Ghana to the highest waterfall in West Africa!
We are looking for globally conscious and socially active students who want to spend their summer exploring some of the most complex and beautiful countries in the world.
Programs are filling up fast so apply today!
Interested in learning more about our programs? We travel to 7 regions of the world and offer financial bursaries to help make it easier for you!
Check out our map of where we go.
Operation Groundswell is a Canadian non-profit organization dedicated to ethical travel. We facilitate programs that combine experiential learning, responsible volunteering and off-the-beaten path adventure all around the world.
West Africa is indeed a magical place!
As an international educator I spent three years teaching at an international school in Accra (Ghana), and have many colleagues who are teaching and leading schools all over the continent.
If anyone needs more specific information as to life in Africa, please feel free to contact me.
You won't regret, and perhaps even fall in love with places and people you never imagined you would!