We are working on a book by Stylus which will feature adjunct voices who have benefited from, and found community, in professional development opportunities. We are inviting members of the POD community to help distribute this call for proposals to adjunct faculty as part of our effort to reach those who would be interested in writing for this book. Our proposal is listed below and is attached. Please forward to adjunct faculty. Any queries may be directed to Roy Fuller at firstname.lastname@example.org
CALL FOR CHAPTER PROPOSALS
Proposal Submission Deadline: February 28, 2015
Book Title: Adjunct Faculty Voices: Cultivating Professional Development and Community at the Front Lines of Higher Education
By Dr. Roy Fuller (University of Louisville) and Dr. Marie Kendall Brown (University of Louisville)
Published by Stylus
Purpose and Goals:
Book will feature adjunct faculty voices in order to highlight the benefits of professional development. Proposals for 1st person narratives on the following topics are sought:
1) Experiences in professional development opportunities and other types of institutional support for teaching
2) Finding and creating communities of adjunct faculty
3) Advice to other adjuncts seeking professional development opportunities related to teaching improvement
4) Suggestions for deans, department chairs, course coordinators, and/or faculty developers for improving support structures for adjunct faculty
We are looking for submissions from adjunct faculty who are representative of the four categories of adjuncts (Gappa & Leslie, 1993):
- Aspiring academics
- Specialists, experts and professionals
We also seek submissions from contributors who represent a range of institution types (e.g., community colleges, regional institutions, and research-intensive universities).
Proposals should be no more than 500 words in length and should be submitted electronically to email@example.com. Questions can be directed to Dr. Roy Fuller at this email address.
Contributors will be informed of the editors’ decision by March 30, 2015.